Thursday 21 February 2013

Cravings



There are some who eat to live and there are those who live to eat. I proudly belong to the second category coz I love to frequently indulge in gluttony. Food is and will always have a special place in our lives. Birthdays, anniversaries, festivals, celebrations big and small are incomplete without delectable delights and what makes it special is sharing it with the ones we love.

It’s a foodie’s dream to have a seven course meal - apetisers, soups, sorbets, fish, meats, mouth watering deserts with fine table service. (Snap me out of this quick….. pls!!!). Hmmmm fine dining may be a luxury but who says that good food only comes with white glove service and an inflated bill. Any true Mumbaikar knows that street food is an essential to a food lover’s diet. Be it the Indianized Chinese, South Indian spread, sandwiches or local wada pav. Street food sure makes binging more affordable.

The best part of being a foodie is that we create memories with the people we grab a bite with. I can never forget the fun I had with my besties eating Kheema Pav at Metro Café, fish fingers and chips at Mondegar’s, Chicken wontons at Leopold’s, Chicken Chilly at Gokul’s, Chicken Crispies at Café Churchgate, Pav Bhaji at Liberty, Kebab Platter at Delhi Darbar, Sizzlers at Kobe’s, Sandwich near Nirmala Niketan, Burgers and McDonalds and the latest Chicken Koliwada on Eid. I could go on and on. Please note I am not endorsing any restaurants. They are just my favourite foods, at favourite places with my favourite people.

So while I hope to continue pampering my taste buds, I wish everyone a great palate and great pals. Cheers!!!


2 comments:

  1. Fiona, I come from a Spanish family. My best memories revolve around food. Spaniards value table talk almost as much as they do the food itself. It's called the "sobremesa" and it's that interim after dinner but before coffee and desert when people just talk and talk. The last time I had a seven course meal, I was 14. It seems like a hundred years ago! Gosh, I miss those days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I didnt know that my random scribble would take you back in time. I guess not too many people have actually share meals together let alone talk while eating. The television adds to our woes. Gurl go out and grab that 7 course meal or gang up the family and cook up something at home. Make more sweet memories happen. Also thanks for the beautiful description of the way Spaniards celebrate food. Loved it and hope to experience it someday

    ReplyDelete