Wednesday 6 February 2013

Crushed



A silent blow, A soundless shatter

A million pieces strewn around

The wound is deep

An invisible bleeding

The mind all mangled in memories of past

And the pain of present

This wasn’t meant to me, I repeat to myself

It was a perfect union of mind, body and soul

Yet it is no more






  
A silent blow, A soundless shatter

A straying tear on my cheek

An unexplainable hollow

A sting and throbbing ache

How I wish I had not let my heart go

And had kept it in shackles of steel

But then in the guarded fortress

I’d never know what true love feels



A silent blow, A soundless shatter

And pieces of the my heart in a disarray

I know I have felt love

But I wish I could share it with the one

Who made me blissful like a child

But now has crushed me inside

Will I ever be able to pick up all the broken pieces

Will it ever mend again and be whole

And how will I ever fill my empty soul



A silent blow, A soundless shatter

And now my world will never be the same again…….

12 comments:

  1. Fiona this poem is heart wrenching. It truly expresses a broken heart. But hope is never lost my friend. Love all manages to sneak into our lives when we least expect it. Keep writing poetess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I poured my heart out and I am glad u liked it. you strong belief in hope is admirable and I hope I never lose faith too. Thanks and do read on

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanx Raina. I am glad you like it

    ReplyDelete
  4. yesss u will b pick up n join it up.... chheerrzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you thomson. You are my rock

    ReplyDelete
  6. According to George Crane, 'the human body has one ability not possessed by machines - the ability to repair itself'

    Best of Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. True Luiza. Physical healing is a gradual process and the scars may remain. The healing of the heart and soul too is gradual but it requires acceptance of the Now. Most of the time that is what makes moving on and healing a painful process. Letting go sometimes is more difficult than holding on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fiona, this poem perfectly depicts the pain of having loved and lost and the shattered sense of self that is oftentimes left behind. I loved the imagery and the tone of nostalgia and longing. A broken heart come to life! Lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Bella, Just scribbled my heart out. I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you very much. Please do visit again

      Delete